A Keene State College Safety Education Center Course.
Course Description: This program focuses specifically on the requirements of the OSHA Outreach Training Program for Construction with customization relevant to utility employees and their contractors. The 2 day course covers essential core and elective requirements of the 10-hour Department of Labor OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program and delivers additional utility safety training hazards (General Industry and Construction) including the following subjects:
- Training and qualification requirements for utility generation employees
- Lock Out/Tag Out requirements
- Confined Spaces
- Generation specific PPE
- Materials handling including orientation to slings and rigging
- Working on live equipment including rack-out breakers
- Grounding for employee protection
- Substation Safety
- Special Conditions and Precautions
- Special conditions and precautions
- Discussion of updated utility regulations and NESC Standards
- Covers Standards 29 CFR 1910.269; 1926, Subpart V and 1910.137
Who should attend: Utility safety and field personnel including line workers, substation high voltage electricians, underground workers, and communications/electrical utility contractors. Upon completion, the attendee receives a certificate of completion and the 10 hour Department of Labor Card with endorsement that utility specific information was covered (U+COP).
1.4 CEUs | 2 Days | ON SITE REQUEST FORM
On-Site Training: On-site training provides a flexible schedule – convenient & affordable, customized training, and location of your choice. See our Registration Forms link to the right to access a On-Site Course Request Form or contact the OSHA Education Center 800.449.6742.