Course Description: This course covers the OSH Act, Executive Order 12196, and the OSHA General Industry Standards. With use of the OSHA General Industry Standards, special emphasis is placed on areas in general industry which are most hazardous. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to define general industry terms; identify hazards that occur in general industry; determine appropriate standards and regulations for federal agencies; locate OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and procedures; and describe the use of the OSHA General
Industry Standards and regulations to effectively assist agency safety and health officers with inspection and abatement efforts.
Who Should Attend:
Federal agency collateral duty safety and health personnel and those who must assist agency safety and health officers in their inspection and abatement efforts.
How You Will Benefit:
• Describe the OSH Act, 29 CFR 1960 and 29 CFR 1910
• Describe major provisions of Executive Order 12196
• Identify selected safety and health hazards and corresponding OSHA standards, such as machine guarding, portable tools, welding, cutting. and brazing
• Use the OSHA numbering system
• Describe abatement methods for selected safety and health hazards, such as hazardous materials
• Explain and apply workplace inspection procedures consistent with established OSHA policies, procedures and directives
Days: 4 | Credits: 2.3 CEUs | $865
|NCOS-6005-N3C||March 20-23, 2018||Manchester, NH|